Here are the blogs I commented on:
http://jkrone2.blogspot.com/
http://illinoisscience.blogspot.com/
I guess even after reading everyone's opinions, I am still on the fence on this issue. I can see the benefits - it can keep kids in school who really shouldn't be dropping out, gives them a little extra cash that they hopefully spend on things they need, and can hopefully help them learn. It works on paper but I am a little skeptical if it would actually work. I also think that if all it takes is money to motivate the students, then there was probably something else that we could have done to motivate them without resorting to money. I would rather not have our schools leaving the impression on their students that money can help solve any problem ( I know that sounds like a slippery slope argument but I can't word it better).
Anyway I also felt bad about not embedding my videos last week, so here is a youtube video of a monkey washing a cat:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment