Here are two youtube videos for this week:
A Vision of Students Today
A Vision of K-12 Students Today
I believe when we are in the classroom, it is definitely our responsibility to mold our class to meet student expectations. Both of these videos expressed students concerns over their education. The first one, at least from my interpretation, had more to do with how college students are forced to multi-task everything, while the second one really focused on incorporating technology to keep students engaged. When thinking of the use of technology in the classroom I only considered the technologies that would be available. I never thought about how my students might be used to that technology and would want to use it in the classroom.
It is our responsibility to accommodate our students if they would like to use the technology. I just think our responsibility as teachers is to find the most effective ways to teach our students and use them. If using technologies as shown in this video is the best way to teach them then we should use it.
When I am teaching I could do a survey of my students to see what kind of activities they think they can benefit from. If I make my own activities that are "mixing it up" from the norm I will make sure to gauge how my students are reacting to the lesson.
Thats all for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As far is technology goes, I think it can serve a purpose in the classroom, as you say "mixing it up." But what I'm more concerned about with technology is how it can be used to distract and take students' minds off the lesson at hand. I think that teachers should be responsible for some aspects of technology but to think that they would be able to control every piece of it to harness in their lessons is impossible. I feel the best way to "mix it up" with technology in school is to have a strictly technology class, like we had a computer class back in the day. I feel that this is the only way teachers can monitor and control specific technological aspects in their class.
Post a Comment